At our beautiful new Skilled Nursing neighborhood in Orland Park, Illinois, you’ll receive innovative, person-centered long-term care in a beautiful family setting that promotes health and healing. Our dedicated caregivers are here for you around the clock with kindness and compassion sure to exceed your expectations.
Smith Crossing is ranked as one of the best nursing homes in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report.
An experienced team that cares for you like family
We’re much different than typical nursing homes in Chicago. We’re part of a vibrant Independent Living community designed to improve all aspects of life — physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual.
The longevity of our highly trained team of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants, overseen by a dedicated medical director, delivers a continuity of care and fosters a close, personal bond with each resident that can lead to more positive outcomes.
Along with our on-site physiatrist and licensed therapists, our integrated team will partner with you, your doctor and family to develop a personal care plan that’s right for you. It’s why we’re so highly recognized for providing quality care and personal attention that enhances independence and patient satisfaction.
Also, our industry-leading electronic medical records system allows our health care team to spend less time on paperwork and more time at your side.
Skilled Nursing accommodations
At Smith Crossing, you’ll have your own residence and bath with a step-in shower for easy access. Suites are fully furnished; however, we do encourage you and your family to bring personal items to make your space feel like home.
Dining is always a delight, too, with three chef-prepared meals served daily in our beautiful restaurant-style dining room.
To enhance your lifestyle and maximize your abilities, there’s a wide variety of specifically designed social, recreational and cultural activities to enjoy. You and your family will also have access through an enclosed walkway to all our other Orland Park campus amenities and services just a short walk away.
Skilled Nursing amenities and services include:
- Dining room with three chef-prepared meals daily in consultation with a registered dietitian
- New state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym, and private treatment and therapy rooms
- Physician services on call 24/7
- Licensed nursing team on-site 24/7
- Medication management provided by a licensed nurse
- Assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing and personal grooming
- Oversight by an on-site medical director
- Fitness programs specifically designed for Skilled Nursing residents
- Health clinic with internist, dentist, podiatrist, ophthalmologists, gerontologist and audiologist
- Music and pet therapies
- A full calendar of recreational, social, cultural and educational programs
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Wellness programs to stimulate the mind, body and spirit
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- 24-hour security and emergency call system
- Activities center
Current Smith Crossing residents receive priority in admission to our skilled nursing facility services. Occasionally we are able to accept direct admissions from the surrounding community based on the number of available rooms.
Below are some of the common conditions for which seniors require Skilled Nursing care:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiac failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Other major illness
- Hip or bone fracture
- Hip or knee replacement surgery
- Fall-related injury
- Orthopedic surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis
First, determine your needs. Most Health Services and Skilled Nursing communities offer both long-term health care and short-term rehabilitation/therapy services. If the need is for long-term care, you’ll want to be sure the surroundings are comfortable. The team members, food and recreation opportunities should all be high-quality. If the need is for rehabilitation, ask about the success rates in dealing with this particular diagnosis. Tour the building and the rehabilitation area using all your senses to make an assessment: Does it smell clean? Are the rooms and work areas cluttered? Are the team members and other residents noisy? How appetizing is the food? In what ways do the team members interact with residents? Do the other residents seem content? What kinds of activities are on the monthly calendar? Can you review a sample menu? These details will help you make a decision.
Learn more about our top-rated Skilled Nursing facility in Chicago by filling out the request form.