Innovative, spacious and inviting, our newly expanded Green Leaf short-term senior Rehabilitation neighborhood at Smith Crossing in Orland Park delivers the personalized care you need to get you back home as quickly as possible.
Whether you’re recovering from surgery, an illness or injury, the most important person on our rehabilitation team is you. One-on-one attention is provided by a collaborative team, including our on-campus physiatrist and licensed therapists, that utilize Aegis Therapies®. They answer your questions, set goals and lower anxiety. They work closely with a dedicated nursing team whose compassion and longevity help ensure the continuity of optimal care.
Most of all, they work with you, your family, and personal physician to design a plan of care around you to restore strength, movement and function, while reducing acute pain and creating better outcomes.
Therapies offered include:
- Physical therapy to regain strength, mobility and balance.
- Occupational therapy to improve the performance of everyday tasks.
- Speech therapy to enhance eating and swallowing skills in addition to spoken communication and cognition.
- Restorative care to restore/maintain physical function, maximize independence, and help older adults perform personal activities.
Our industry-leading electronic medical records system allows our health care team to spend less time on paperwork and more time with you.
A comforting place for healing
While you’re with us for short-term health care and rehabilitation, you’ll enjoy a private, fully furnished suite and bath with a step-in shower for easy access. Therapies are performed in the privacy of your suite, or in our new state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym or private treatment and therapy rooms by professional team members who know what it takes for you to reach your goals.
While you focus on recovery, you’ll enjoy three chef-prepared meals a day served restaurant-style in our welcoming dining room. If you’re so inclined, you and your family will also have access to all our other Orland Park campus amenities and services just a short walk away through an enclosed walkway.
A short list of services and amenities we offer:
- Dining room with three chef-prepared meals daily
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- New state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym, and private treatment and therapy rooms
- Physician services on call 24/7
- Licensed nursing team on-site 24/7
- Post-surgical care
- Medication management provided by a licensed nurse
- Oversight by an on-site medical director
- A full calendar of recreational, social, cultural and educational programs
- Wellness programs to stimulate the mind, body and spirit
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and flat linen service
- Walking paths
- Salon and spa
- Art center
- Movie theater
Everyone’s welcome at Green Leaf Rehabilitation
We gladly accept direct admissions from the surrounding community to our short-term senior Rehabilitation services in Orland Park – with no entrance fee requirement. Admission is based on the number of rooms and beds available.
Green Leaf Rehabilitation services are Medicare-certified, which enables our residents to take full advantage of their benefits while recovering from an illness, surgery or injury.
If you’re in the process of planning a scheduled surgery, contact us to learn how post-surgical rehabilitation at Smith Crossing can help you have a more successful recovery. By planning ahead, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you have a plan in place.
Please call 708-326-2309 to contact our director of admissions for help planning a successful rehabilitation for you or your loved one.
Every resident receives an individualized treatment plan based on physician orders and individual needs.
We recommend traditional Medicare; however, our team will pre-qualify your service plan through your individual insurance provider.
To learn more about our senior health care services, including speech, occupational and physical therapies in Chicago, please fill out the request form.