Orland Park, Illinois
A vibrant, growing community and one of Chicago’s finest suburbs
Smith Crossing is conveniently located in the beautiful community of Orland Park, Illinois,named one of Chicago Magazine’s best places to live and recognized by Money Magazine as one of the top places to live in the United States.
Our Orland Park location is a blend of privacy and easy access to all that this growing area has to offer. Lifelong learning opportunities abound at the area’s colleges and universities. An influx of families from all over Chicagoland has created a rich diversity of experience and opportunities for intergenerational activities. An abundance of outdoor recreational areas, cultural events, a vibrant farmer’s market and a wide array of choices in shopping and dining mean you’ll never run out of things to do and places to explore.
Of course, your retirement dreams likely include exploration beyond Orland Park, and you’ll find our location conducive to travel, with easy access to airports and major roads. So whether your plans take you across town, downtown or around the world, Smith Crossing is the perfect home base for all your adventures.
The following websites are offered as resources to jump-start your exploration of the Orland Park area:
The Village of Orland Park
Local News and Events
Lifelong Learning Programs
- Saint Xavier University’s Renaissance Academy offers a popular peer-learning program at its Orland Park and Chicago campuses. Smith Crossing also hosts several Renaissance Academy courses.
- Moraine Valley Community College offers a variety of classes and programs in disciplines such as social services, technology and design.
- The Orland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce
- Tinley Park Chamber of Commerce